Kenny Rogers
Sorry folks, The Gambler is not part of today's discussion. ;)
I am usually not one to beat a tired story to death (unless I am obsessed with the topic), but Texas Rangers pitcher Kenny Rogers has my blood boiling. Actually, it's not him, it's the lingering story of his episode nearly one month ago.
For those unaware: About a month ago, Kenny Rogers "attacked" a Fox 4 cameraman, for an unprovoked reason. In short, the commissioner of Major league Baseball handed him a $50,000 fine and a 20 game suspension. In the "Bigs", pitchers have a rotation in which they "start". Also, in the Bigs, if one appeals their suspension, they can continue to play ball while the appeal is in review.
Here we are, almost a month later, and Kenny is still pitching (starting tonight's game as a matter of fact). While I am no longer upset with Kenny's actions, after all, he did apologize (for lack of a better term and WAY after the incident), I am still a bit miffed that he is still playing. If some third string spare in football, or a relief pitcher with no name were to do this, they would be punished immediately. This is one advantage of being great in what you do.
Our Texas Rangers has, pretty much, a sorry pitching staff. So, we rely on Kenny to get good games under his belt, especially now since we're so damn far out of first place. THIS DOES NOT MATTER. He needs to be a man and start his suspension, get it over with and move on with life. Hell, it's not like he's losing any money. Thanks to the players' union, all suspended games are with pay, and his 50K fine was canceled out by his 50K bonus check for appearing in the all-star game.
What a cock. It took him a week to give a half ass apology to the cameraman, he's not owning up to his responsibilities, he's still an ass to all media within a certain range of him.... eyesight I'm sure.
I am a DJ. I am a musician. I have experimented with on-stage stand up comedy. How is this relevant? Easy: IF (and I mean BIG IF) I were to ever make it "big", I understand that there are several factors to stardom, including (but not limited to of course) APPRECIATING YOUR FANS, APPRECIATING the media... they say it like it is folks, sorry if you disagree. Actually, regarding sports and entertainment, media calls it out like it is. Maybe not the case regarding politics or other current events. I tell you folks, here and now, as God as my witness.... If I were making MILLIONS of dollars every year, I would DEFINITELY never forget WHO pays that salary. The fans. The media who pays to do their job (folks, the actual interviewer or cameraman may not be responsible for out of pocket expense, but I guarantee the stations and affiliates will pay).
I'm sure this could get into a whole realm of a**hole sports figures and musicians and movie stars who treat everyone like crap. But I wont get into that.
Kenny Rogers.... BE A MAN. Take your punishment. Stop whining when media is around to catch YOU screwing up. Pay your fines fairly, compensate the Fox 4 cameraman (I know his name, but wont publish it here) STOP acting like a jerk to everyone who wants to talk to you. Not only have you carved out the way you will always be remembered, but you have also destroyed the idol status you held in thousands of kids hearts.
Way to go.
I am usually not one to beat a tired story to death (unless I am obsessed with the topic), but Texas Rangers pitcher Kenny Rogers has my blood boiling. Actually, it's not him, it's the lingering story of his episode nearly one month ago.
For those unaware: About a month ago, Kenny Rogers "attacked" a Fox 4 cameraman, for an unprovoked reason. In short, the commissioner of Major league Baseball handed him a $50,000 fine and a 20 game suspension. In the "Bigs", pitchers have a rotation in which they "start". Also, in the Bigs, if one appeals their suspension, they can continue to play ball while the appeal is in review.
Here we are, almost a month later, and Kenny is still pitching (starting tonight's game as a matter of fact). While I am no longer upset with Kenny's actions, after all, he did apologize (for lack of a better term and WAY after the incident), I am still a bit miffed that he is still playing. If some third string spare in football, or a relief pitcher with no name were to do this, they would be punished immediately. This is one advantage of being great in what you do.
Our Texas Rangers has, pretty much, a sorry pitching staff. So, we rely on Kenny to get good games under his belt, especially now since we're so damn far out of first place. THIS DOES NOT MATTER. He needs to be a man and start his suspension, get it over with and move on with life. Hell, it's not like he's losing any money. Thanks to the players' union, all suspended games are with pay, and his 50K fine was canceled out by his 50K bonus check for appearing in the all-star game.
What a cock. It took him a week to give a half ass apology to the cameraman, he's not owning up to his responsibilities, he's still an ass to all media within a certain range of him.... eyesight I'm sure.
I am a DJ. I am a musician. I have experimented with on-stage stand up comedy. How is this relevant? Easy: IF (and I mean BIG IF) I were to ever make it "big", I understand that there are several factors to stardom, including (but not limited to of course) APPRECIATING YOUR FANS, APPRECIATING the media... they say it like it is folks, sorry if you disagree. Actually, regarding sports and entertainment, media calls it out like it is. Maybe not the case regarding politics or other current events. I tell you folks, here and now, as God as my witness.... If I were making MILLIONS of dollars every year, I would DEFINITELY never forget WHO pays that salary. The fans. The media who pays to do their job (folks, the actual interviewer or cameraman may not be responsible for out of pocket expense, but I guarantee the stations and affiliates will pay).
I'm sure this could get into a whole realm of a**hole sports figures and musicians and movie stars who treat everyone like crap. But I wont get into that.
Kenny Rogers.... BE A MAN. Take your punishment. Stop whining when media is around to catch YOU screwing up. Pay your fines fairly, compensate the Fox 4 cameraman (I know his name, but wont publish it here) STOP acting like a jerk to everyone who wants to talk to you. Not only have you carved out the way you will always be remembered, but you have also destroyed the idol status you held in thousands of kids hearts.
Way to go.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home