Tuesday, July 26, 2005

On Air Whipping

On air whipping is what I describe when people call up radio personalities while on the air and proceed to administer a beating of words. What do I mean?
Example: My personal favorite radio station is located in Dallas, Tx: 1310AM The Ticket (Sports Radio). I feel like I am friends with all of them because I have been a loyal listener for years, although, I have only met or talked to a few of them on rare occasions. To my point: On air discussions at the Ticket range from Hot Sports Opinions regarding current events, all the way to entertainment discussions (i.e. music, movies, TV, etc). People will call in , talk to the producer who answers the phone, and tell them that he/she would like to share a relevant opinion. The unsuspecting producer will let the call through, and what you get sometimes is someone desperately trying to steal some on-air time by saying the dumbest, most irrelevant shit you can think of. WASTED AIR, once again.
Ladies and gentleman. I went to school for on-air broadcasting, and I am currently a DJ who owns his own productions company (we do private parties, weddings, karaoke at night clubs, etc). We get a lot of people trying to steal some time on the mic, but that's easily controlled.
What I am asking of everyone, when you call your favorite radio station... if all you have is something stupid or irrelevant to say, then don't waste their time! BY ALL MEANS, if you have a relevant opinion, that may be totally wheels off... AS LONG as it's pertaining to the current topic, you can and will be heard.
Thanks for listening to "my opinion". :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home