Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Rafael Palmeiro


For those of you that do not know what's going on with Rafy, please proceed to the next post!
Palmeiro has some issues, in my opinion, only with how the public views him. Months ago, he swore up and down he has never used steroids... NEVER! And here was very adamant about it. Now, after being busted once again, he uses the line "I never INTENTIONALLY put steroids in my body" (or something to that effect).
Wow. What can you say about this? Obviously, the boys on the Ticket have plenty to say, thankfully it all makes perfect sense. Me, on the other hand, can rant and rave about "today's sports figures", etc. Palmeiro has used roids. Canseco calls his ass out in a book! Honestly... who really gives a shit? The guys not being an ass about his suspension like a certain member of the Rogers family has been known to do. He's taking his suspension, now preaching to kids and fans about being "absolutely careful in what you put in your body". OK, maybe not a lot of credibility there, but who cares. I bet if I "randomly" tested everyone in MLB, I would find a lot more users. I AM NOT CONDONING WHAT PALMEIRO IS DOING, please understand that. But, right now, we are talking about a potential Hall Of Famer, who now claims he doesn't belong in the Hall Of Fame. OK, maybe a rule is in order about illegal substances in sports, stating if you use, you are ineligible for Hall Of Fame status.... Whatever.
What I want to ask your opinion on is this:
Should Palmeiro be in The Hall Of Fame now, regardless of steroid use (or not??).
I Welcome all comments. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home