Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Mike Modano


What a freaking nightmare. As I write this, we all stand waiting to see if Modano will end up back here in Dallas, or if he will go with someone else. Here's why he should stay, and Tom Hicks should be less Jew:
1) Look what this man has done with Dallas hockey. For those of you not much into hockey, please know that the Dallas Stars moved from Minnesota, and were previously known as the Minnesota Northstars. Said subject was part of that team that moved to Dallas. He has been the "face" of hockey here in Dallas since DAY ONE. I have TONS of friends who don't know the first thing about hockey, but absolutely know who Mike Modano is.
2) He's a FREAKING STUD HOCKEY PLAYER. What the hell else does anyone need to know???
3) The money Hicks will spend to retain him in Dallas will come back to him TENFOLD through the duration of the contract (hopefully 5 years)
4) After a complete season of absence, will Dallas Stars fans be the same if Modano is a Bruin? Or somewhere else??? NO F'N WAY.
5) Modano has clearly stated he wants to stay in Dallas. His issue is NOT the money entirely. I would have the same issue: Signing another player (of the same age) to the same contract Modano desires. Yes, I am talking about Zubov. Who's the better hockey player? DON'T WASTE MY TIME by looking at your newspapers and stat books. LOOK with your OWN 2 EYES! Who's' the better player?? Why would they sign the "other guy" and completely shun Mike?

Anyway, this has a lot of rant potential, but I wont. If you want to rant, please post a comment. Otherwise, if Modano ends up out of town, you can find my head in the dirt out in the front yard.

I fear what will happen to The Stars if Modano leaves (and I'm not just talking about the team, I'm talking about Dallas hockey in general).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home