Tons Of Thanks!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone is doing well and reading this post in good health. I have a trillion things to give thanks to and for, but today's post is going to focus on my friends and family.
On Labor Day this year, my life literally changed. I lost my truck to a SOB who didn't honor his payment arrangement I had made with him because I fell behind. When I lost my truck, I lost my job because I was a courier. When I lost my job, I lost some trust and respect from some of my "friends" because it took so long to get back on my feet. Here and now on Thanksgiving Day, I look back at the last couple of months and realize who my friends are, and who are not. I also realize that my personality and way of life is, at times, abrasive and hard to understand and tolerate, which makes it difficult to be my friend. The following people are who I would like to give priceless Thank You's too, because these are the people in my life who make it worthwhile.
My roommate/bandmate Steve Giglio. My bandmate Chris Rawlings and his wife Laura. My ex girlfriends Sara Ewing and Katie Jacobson (KJ as most call her, who is still my GOOD friend, Sara and I have parted ways for what seems to be for good). My friend and former roommates Scott Hayworth and Shane Hayworth. My parents and their spouses: Ginger Adams and my step dad Mike, Jerry Willingham and my step mom Pam. The afore mentioned are those who didn't abandon me or give up on me, and stood by my side when I didn't have a car, a place to live or a job. Steve and Sara always offered to take me places, lent me their cars and never once made me feel bad about it. Chris and his wife Laura took me in and gave me a place to live, and fed me for several weeks when times were tough. All of my parental units constantly gave me the emotional support I needed at the right times. So did Steve, Sara, Chris & Laura, Scott and Shane. It has been a true test of friendship, and these people have made me realize that friends don't come around often, and when they do... You had better embrace them. Katie (KJ) and I didn't talk for two months because I am an abrasive and stubborn dickhead with far too much pride for his own good. When I called her for the first time in several months, she still talked to me and let me know that she was still there for me when I need her. THAT, my friends, is something that still amazes me. Everybody you just read about has done more for me than I could ever put in words....





Just like the following people as well:
VERY HONORABLE mentions go to the following people: Matt and Marissa Beals, Mary Ellen and Terry Beals, Mark Beals, Joe and Carol Giglio, Jay Giglio and his (hopefully) wife to be Carrie, Nichole Chavez, Stacie Curtis (soon to be Dukas), Jeff Markham, Kelly Prater, Gary Luther, Paul Villalba... folks... The list could go on for more, but I want to make points very clear: The just recently mentioned have done more for me than I could ever find words to thank them for, just as did the people one paragraph ago. I always took advantage of the friends I never realized I had, and just recently learned what it means to be lifelong and unconditional friends. I pray to God everyday, about different things usually, but one very repetitive prayer I have, is that everyone could have, at least, one friend like the bunches that I have. There is not enough money in the world that could ever replace my friends, nor will there ever be.




In my past, and perhaps in my present, and more than likely in my future... I have disappointed, pissed off, saddened and angered a lot of people. I want to take this moment and plead with anyone who falls into this category, and beg you to understand that none of anything was ever intentional. I am completely aware that I can be abrasive, insecure, rude, hateful and moody. I never want to bring anyone down on purpose. I feel badly for any bridge I have burned, soul I have tainted (shutup Chris), feelings I have hurt and egos I have crushed. I am a difficult person to love, like or get along with. I also pray to God everyday that will change, and that those of you in my life guide me in the right direction. I love everyone of you with all of my heart and I thank you very much for being my friends, sticking by my side and supporting me in everything I do, right or wrong.
OK... For those of you who think this shadows a suicide note... You couldn't be more wrong!! Its the people I mentioned in this posting, and tons of others I didn't who make living worthwhile! There is nothing in this world that could ever make me wish I wanted to die. All of you make my life too good for that! You all make me realize that the smallest things in life are the grandest. You also make me realize that when times get tough... It isn't that bad. IT COULD BE MUCH WORSE AND IS FOR MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.
Anyway, everyone I mentioned in this posting, and everyone I didn't... Thank you so much for everything. I could never repay what you've done for me, what you've given to me and what you do for me on a daily basis. I love you all very much. Thanks again. :)
On Labor Day this year, my life literally changed. I lost my truck to a SOB who didn't honor his payment arrangement I had made with him because I fell behind. When I lost my truck, I lost my job because I was a courier. When I lost my job, I lost some trust and respect from some of my "friends" because it took so long to get back on my feet. Here and now on Thanksgiving Day, I look back at the last couple of months and realize who my friends are, and who are not. I also realize that my personality and way of life is, at times, abrasive and hard to understand and tolerate, which makes it difficult to be my friend. The following people are who I would like to give priceless Thank You's too, because these are the people in my life who make it worthwhile.
My roommate/bandmate Steve Giglio. My bandmate Chris Rawlings and his wife Laura. My ex girlfriends Sara Ewing and Katie Jacobson (KJ as most call her, who is still my GOOD friend, Sara and I have parted ways for what seems to be for good). My friend and former roommates Scott Hayworth and Shane Hayworth. My parents and their spouses: Ginger Adams and my step dad Mike, Jerry Willingham and my step mom Pam. The afore mentioned are those who didn't abandon me or give up on me, and stood by my side when I didn't have a car, a place to live or a job. Steve and Sara always offered to take me places, lent me their cars and never once made me feel bad about it. Chris and his wife Laura took me in and gave me a place to live, and fed me for several weeks when times were tough. All of my parental units constantly gave me the emotional support I needed at the right times. So did Steve, Sara, Chris & Laura, Scott and Shane. It has been a true test of friendship, and these people have made me realize that friends don't come around often, and when they do... You had better embrace them. Katie (KJ) and I didn't talk for two months because I am an abrasive and stubborn dickhead with far too much pride for his own good. When I called her for the first time in several months, she still talked to me and let me know that she was still there for me when I need her. THAT, my friends, is something that still amazes me. Everybody you just read about has done more for me than I could ever put in words....





Just like the following people as well:
VERY HONORABLE mentions go to the following people: Matt and Marissa Beals, Mary Ellen and Terry Beals, Mark Beals, Joe and Carol Giglio, Jay Giglio and his (hopefully) wife to be Carrie, Nichole Chavez, Stacie Curtis (soon to be Dukas), Jeff Markham, Kelly Prater, Gary Luther, Paul Villalba... folks... The list could go on for more, but I want to make points very clear: The just recently mentioned have done more for me than I could ever find words to thank them for, just as did the people one paragraph ago. I always took advantage of the friends I never realized I had, and just recently learned what it means to be lifelong and unconditional friends. I pray to God everyday, about different things usually, but one very repetitive prayer I have, is that everyone could have, at least, one friend like the bunches that I have. There is not enough money in the world that could ever replace my friends, nor will there ever be.




In my past, and perhaps in my present, and more than likely in my future... I have disappointed, pissed off, saddened and angered a lot of people. I want to take this moment and plead with anyone who falls into this category, and beg you to understand that none of anything was ever intentional. I am completely aware that I can be abrasive, insecure, rude, hateful and moody. I never want to bring anyone down on purpose. I feel badly for any bridge I have burned, soul I have tainted (shutup Chris), feelings I have hurt and egos I have crushed. I am a difficult person to love, like or get along with. I also pray to God everyday that will change, and that those of you in my life guide me in the right direction. I love everyone of you with all of my heart and I thank you very much for being my friends, sticking by my side and supporting me in everything I do, right or wrong.
OK... For those of you who think this shadows a suicide note... You couldn't be more wrong!! Its the people I mentioned in this posting, and tons of others I didn't who make living worthwhile! There is nothing in this world that could ever make me wish I wanted to die. All of you make my life too good for that! You all make me realize that the smallest things in life are the grandest. You also make me realize that when times get tough... It isn't that bad. IT COULD BE MUCH WORSE AND IS FOR MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.
Anyway, everyone I mentioned in this posting, and everyone I didn't... Thank you so much for everything. I could never repay what you've done for me, what you've given to me and what you do for me on a daily basis. I love you all very much. Thanks again. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home