Oh S**t... What Did I Do???

Tell me that's not the look on this man's face. This is Drew Brees, former quarterback of the San Diego Chargers. He is now the new QB for the New Orleans Saints. This acquisition, plus many others in the NFL have been the topic around the water cooler in many a place. It's just the unexpected, awkward trades, signings and free agency pick ups that have been going on this season.
Football is played for sixty minutes. Not one second more, not one second less. Point being: ANYTHING can happen. This goes for any team, any player, any record, any game. Much is the same for any sport, but with professional football being only 16 games worthy in a regular season, this makes it difficult for gamblers and statisticians to do good work. Let's talk about some of the named transactions, shall we?
Of course the biggest news is not Drew Brees becoming a Saint. It's (as much as I hate to say it) Terrell Owens putting a star on his helmet. We are talking about the same SOB that disrespected the Cowboys by dancing a jig in the middle of the fifty yard star. Of course, he paid the price (twice) for performing said action. Irony has ironic ways of working, does it not? I have to admit (again, hard said) that T.O. is an outstanding wide receiver, and that is exactly what the Dallas Cowboys needed.
Keyshawn Johnson is also a great receiver, but was not performing worth a hoot for Dallas anymore. T.O. at least performs when he is on the field. Many Cowboy fans in the area have turned face against their T.O. opinions. Who was before saying "Screw T.O., we don't want him" are now defending T.O. to those who are saying the same thing. Funny how Cowboy fans work in this area. I personally know one Cowboy fan in the Colorado area of our nation who at least stays true to her word. I wish all sports fans were similar. The terms of T.O.'s contract are for three years and 25 million smackers. This includes a 5 million dollar signing bonus. If I were Jerry Jones, I would have not given him a contract or a signing bonus. Instead, I would have given him 17 roster bonuses! That way, I pay T.O. weekly, and the first time he screws up or talks shit about my QB, BYE BYE T.O. I just hope, for Cowboys fans' sake, Mr. Jones doesn't end up saying "Oh S**t, What Did I Do???"Whatever, strange transactions in the NFL offseason include Edgerrin James leaving the Colts and signing with the Arizona Cardinals. I am beginning to think that Oakland is no longer the place where great athletes go to die. It's shaping up in Arizona's favor now, what with the signing of Emmitt Smith and now Edge James! How about Duante Culpepper bidding farewell to the Minnesota Boat People and signing with the Miami Fins??? Another surprise to me! I knew he would probably leave Minnesota, but Miami was the least expected in my opinion. Jon Kitna leaving the Cincinnati Orange Stripes to go to Detroit? What's going to happen to Joey Harrington? Probably an outcome not in Joey's favor (by the way, Lions have released him, he's just not with anyone just yet). Bills' Lawyer Malloy to Atlanta; Steelers' Antwaan Randel El to Washington (that's gonna hurt); Cowboys team captain Dan Campbell to Detroit (dumb asses); Packers' kicker Ryan Longwell goes to the Boat People of Minnesota! What the hell?????; Seattle loses Joe Jurevicious to Cleveland (yuk); My boys (the Bucs for all of you first time readers) have lost Safety Dexter Jackson to Cincinnati (DAMNIT!).
Anyway, as you see, I have been really shocked at some of these transactions, all of which I believe will leave a lot of people repeating the title of this blog entry. I don't know what else to say, except for "What's Next"? It is already shaping up to be a VERY interesting NFL season coming up, and we haven't even started the draft yet! I haven't said this for awhile, but:
WE SHALL SEE

4 Comments:
Actually, Lance, you're right. I wish I can go back an "Undelete" your comments. I have a bunch of readers every day. If you want to comment, I will leave them up. Afterall, why should I care what my reader's think of you? You're an idiot. They know it. FYI: The Ticket employs 8 black people, 4 hispanics, 1 korean, and a vietnamese.
Challenge? Um.... ok?
generic response? Well, jeez tweedle dipshit, if you had one single intelligent word in any of your comments, I would give a better response. I fail to use words that require some intelligence with loads that should have been spit out, such as yourself.
You mentioned back in October that you have known me for "a while". You should know that I love to quote actors, movies, music, what have you. Kudos to you for recognizing the 2 actors! You're not such a bad guy(?) afterall....
Post a Comment
<< Home