Slacking No More
Wow... I cant remember the last time I went so long without writing anything. I'm not just talking about this blog, but just writing anything in general! To touch on some of my last few blogs: The "Oh S**t, what did I do" blog was fun to write, and fun to comment on.... but more importantly, I still feel the same way. There are STILL wacky transactions taking place in the NFL, and we are FINALLY coming close to draft weekend. I cant wait for that to start up, because I will be able to watch it!! No more Saturday's for Beaker at work! I am happier than a puppy with 2 peters!
My top 5 lists have WAY been slacking, and I owe Joe a couple... and I will get to that here shortly. I picked UConn Huskies to go all the way didn't I? HA! Wow... I'll tell you, I am happy for my team, but they really didn't play well enough since the first round to warrant getting as far as they did. Although I am disappointed by the performance, I am happy they made it as far as they did. Remember, I am a Bucs fan, so I am totally used to my teams getting far by luck! Just kidding boys... you're greatness!
Okay... it has been exactly ONE MONTH since my last Top 5 list, and technically I should owe you three or four right now. But I will get back on track this week, and I will start NOW! This one's for Joe Dye.......
TOP 5 COMEDIANS OF ALL TIME
Remember.... this is in my opinion! Tons of comedians out there deserve their props, and it will be difficult to narrow them down to 5, but I will try! IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, here we go:

- Eddie Murphy
As long as I can remember, Eddie Murphy has been a part of my life growing up, both in TV and Film, as well as on the tape deck! Murphy is one of those comedians that my parents always warned me about and didn't necessarily approve of my listening to, or watching, but I rebelled anyway. In their defense, Eddie had a horrific mouth back in the day, but has since mellowed out. Most people call that selling out, but really, folks... how long is the 'f' word going to bring you a paycheck? I am proud that Eddie is doing Pixar and Disney movies, and family movies as well. Anyway, Eddie is one of the most quoted comedians among my friends, and a GREAT SNL alum.

- Adam Sandler
What can you say about someone who started off on SNL as well, made millions off of his first CD, and can now charge 20 million dollars a picture? WAY TO GO! Sandler often uses himself as a routine, bagging on himself for being Jewish, or a loser. He's funny in a childish and charming way when he's on stage, and a dry and wacky way on film, and completely let loose on audio! Just like Mr. Murphy, his versatility is grand, and more importantly, well used. I have yet to see a movie starring Mr. Sandler that I dislike (with an exception of his first flop Going Overboard), and I own all of his CD's! He's great in many ways, and he is often quoted in this world as well.

- Chevy Chase
My personal favorite, and another SNL alum. Chevy's comedy is mainly dry and slapstick. He also has many movies under his belt, including my favorite, Fletch! Chase is more often dry in his comedy than Murphy and Sandler, and he can get away with it better than anyone I can remember! The slapstick that is often seen in Chase's comedy reminds me of the same routines John Ritter used as well as Laurel & Hardy and Abbott & Costello. Chase also gets away with, and utilizes amazing one-liners and facial expressions that I can literally bust a gut over! One example, and often used quote by me (remember, reading this means nothing unless you have seen it): A scene in Fletch when Chase is talking to another character, and when asked if he'd come to this guy's house to "listen" to a proposal, he immdiately comes back with the funniest facial expression and this line: "Does this proposition entail my dressing up as Little Bo Peep?". It's hilarious, and you should see the film if you hadn't before!

- Jeff Foxworthy
Of course, I cant leave out America's favorite redneck! Another often quoted individual, Foxworthy has attracted millions of fans worldwide by his redneck humor. Unlike the previous mentioned comedians, Foxworthy is not only NOT an SNL alum, but made his living ON STAGE, whereas the others have on screen. Recently joining up with other great comedians Bill Engval (Here's Your Sign), Larry the Cable Guy (GIT Er Dunnnn) and Ron White (Big Tater), Foxworthy is now best known for his work in the Blue Collar Comedy Tour series and shows. Lets never forget the sure signs to watch out for if you've ever wondered if you were redneck or not: If you mow your yard and find a car, you might be a redneck! If your richest relatives invite you over to help take the wheels off of their new house, you might be a redneck! Check him out on the internet, TV or DVD and listen. You wont be disappointed, for those few of you that dont know what I'm talking about!

- George Carlin
NO WAY will he NOT make this list! One of my all time favorites for the stage, I love Carlin because he's a reality comedian. He gets on stage and includes current events in his rantings, and uses some sick wisdom in the meantime! He talks about things past, present and future, has appeared on screen several times, has written several great books, and made very many live appearances, most of which are recorded and sold. His book, "Brain Droppings", is my favorite written by him. It includes several issues he has talked about in past appearances, as well as current (at the time) events and his opinions on them. George Carlin is a family comedian, as long as the kids are in the other room! I say this because listening to Carlin, is like having a dinner conversation with your best friend or cousin! Carlin is also one of the smartest people I have seen relay that fact through comedy. Listening to Carlin seems to be a great stress releiver as well!
Other honorable mentions included in this list go to: Richard Pryor, Mort Sahl (political comedian), Bob Newhart (y,y,y,ya, ya mean it's not SWBYPs?), Jackie Mason (great in Caddyshack II), Robert Klein (Cant Stop My Leg), Shelly Berman (phone calls, scenes) and Woody Allen.
Please leave an opinion on who your favorite comedian is! I would love that......
Thanks again for your patience! I will be back on track now that I have more time! Until next time......
My top 5 lists have WAY been slacking, and I owe Joe a couple... and I will get to that here shortly. I picked UConn Huskies to go all the way didn't I? HA! Wow... I'll tell you, I am happy for my team, but they really didn't play well enough since the first round to warrant getting as far as they did. Although I am disappointed by the performance, I am happy they made it as far as they did. Remember, I am a Bucs fan, so I am totally used to my teams getting far by luck! Just kidding boys... you're greatness!
Okay... it has been exactly ONE MONTH since my last Top 5 list, and technically I should owe you three or four right now. But I will get back on track this week, and I will start NOW! This one's for Joe Dye.......
TOP 5 COMEDIANS OF ALL TIME
Remember.... this is in my opinion! Tons of comedians out there deserve their props, and it will be difficult to narrow them down to 5, but I will try! IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, here we go:

- Eddie Murphy
As long as I can remember, Eddie Murphy has been a part of my life growing up, both in TV and Film, as well as on the tape deck! Murphy is one of those comedians that my parents always warned me about and didn't necessarily approve of my listening to, or watching, but I rebelled anyway. In their defense, Eddie had a horrific mouth back in the day, but has since mellowed out. Most people call that selling out, but really, folks... how long is the 'f' word going to bring you a paycheck? I am proud that Eddie is doing Pixar and Disney movies, and family movies as well. Anyway, Eddie is one of the most quoted comedians among my friends, and a GREAT SNL alum.

- Adam Sandler
What can you say about someone who started off on SNL as well, made millions off of his first CD, and can now charge 20 million dollars a picture? WAY TO GO! Sandler often uses himself as a routine, bagging on himself for being Jewish, or a loser. He's funny in a childish and charming way when he's on stage, and a dry and wacky way on film, and completely let loose on audio! Just like Mr. Murphy, his versatility is grand, and more importantly, well used. I have yet to see a movie starring Mr. Sandler that I dislike (with an exception of his first flop Going Overboard), and I own all of his CD's! He's great in many ways, and he is often quoted in this world as well.

- Chevy Chase
My personal favorite, and another SNL alum. Chevy's comedy is mainly dry and slapstick. He also has many movies under his belt, including my favorite, Fletch! Chase is more often dry in his comedy than Murphy and Sandler, and he can get away with it better than anyone I can remember! The slapstick that is often seen in Chase's comedy reminds me of the same routines John Ritter used as well as Laurel & Hardy and Abbott & Costello. Chase also gets away with, and utilizes amazing one-liners and facial expressions that I can literally bust a gut over! One example, and often used quote by me (remember, reading this means nothing unless you have seen it): A scene in Fletch when Chase is talking to another character, and when asked if he'd come to this guy's house to "listen" to a proposal, he immdiately comes back with the funniest facial expression and this line: "Does this proposition entail my dressing up as Little Bo Peep?". It's hilarious, and you should see the film if you hadn't before!

- Jeff Foxworthy
Of course, I cant leave out America's favorite redneck! Another often quoted individual, Foxworthy has attracted millions of fans worldwide by his redneck humor. Unlike the previous mentioned comedians, Foxworthy is not only NOT an SNL alum, but made his living ON STAGE, whereas the others have on screen. Recently joining up with other great comedians Bill Engval (Here's Your Sign), Larry the Cable Guy (GIT Er Dunnnn) and Ron White (Big Tater), Foxworthy is now best known for his work in the Blue Collar Comedy Tour series and shows. Lets never forget the sure signs to watch out for if you've ever wondered if you were redneck or not: If you mow your yard and find a car, you might be a redneck! If your richest relatives invite you over to help take the wheels off of their new house, you might be a redneck! Check him out on the internet, TV or DVD and listen. You wont be disappointed, for those few of you that dont know what I'm talking about!

- George Carlin
NO WAY will he NOT make this list! One of my all time favorites for the stage, I love Carlin because he's a reality comedian. He gets on stage and includes current events in his rantings, and uses some sick wisdom in the meantime! He talks about things past, present and future, has appeared on screen several times, has written several great books, and made very many live appearances, most of which are recorded and sold. His book, "Brain Droppings", is my favorite written by him. It includes several issues he has talked about in past appearances, as well as current (at the time) events and his opinions on them. George Carlin is a family comedian, as long as the kids are in the other room! I say this because listening to Carlin, is like having a dinner conversation with your best friend or cousin! Carlin is also one of the smartest people I have seen relay that fact through comedy. Listening to Carlin seems to be a great stress releiver as well!
Other honorable mentions included in this list go to: Richard Pryor, Mort Sahl (political comedian), Bob Newhart (y,y,y,ya, ya mean it's not SWBYPs?), Jackie Mason (great in Caddyshack II), Robert Klein (Cant Stop My Leg), Shelly Berman (phone calls, scenes) and Woody Allen.
Please leave an opinion on who your favorite comedian is! I would love that......
Thanks again for your patience! I will be back on track now that I have more time! Until next time......

2 Comments:
Dude, no Richard Pryor?
Dude... did you read the blog???
Post a Comment
<< Home