Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Super Bowl Extra Large


OK, One of two is half bad, or "aint half bad", depending on where you're from. So it is that the Steelers and the Seahawks will play in this extra large Super Bowl.... In Detroit. I wanna laugh. New stadium, retractable roof, great. Lets let all of the fans and media FREEZE their asses off so they can enjoy themselves once they gain admittance.


So, I suppose now you want me to make my always wrong prediction? Ok... Why the hell not. There are several aspects that people will say why each team will win or lose. Here are mine:
Both teams are used to playing in cold weather, but will this roof be open? Probably not. But who knows? Seattle can play in cold and rain, while Pitt can play in cold and snow. The Steelers have been to a Super Bowl, but the Seahawks have not. Really folks? As a team from a certain NFL city, this is true. But how many Steelers on the current squad have SB experience? Coaches: Bill Cowher, 0-1 in Super Bowl experience. Mike Holmgren: 1-1 in SB experience. Players:
Seahawks: 2 that I can think of: Joe Jurevicious with the Bucs, Bryce Fisher with the Rams
Steelers: ONE: Willie Williams on the 95 Steelers squad.

Who cares about history, who's been where and how many times, and how I can be a part of the fifth Super Bowl team or the First to win... blah blah blah. Remember, I am a Bucs fan, and we were underdogs in our Super Bowl. My point is this: Nothing matters on game day. It goes to whoever wants it most, and whoever prays for GOOD officiating the most.

I call the Seahawks to squeak one out. It's their first, and I think they want it more than Pittsburgh. I would LOVE for Seattle to win this, but I believe the Steelers are going to put on a contest they'll never forget. Score?

24-17



I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home