Thursday, January 12, 2006

Top 5 Movies

... In MY World! In no particular order... Here we go:




The Shawshank Redemption. This one never ceases to amaze me. The ending blew my mind when I first saw it, and it still amazes me to this day. I try not to watch it more than once every few months, but it is difficult. If you have not seen this movie, do yourself a favor and OWN it! One of Morgan Freeman's best, in my opinion.






Oh Brother Where Art Thou. A lengthy title, not to mention obscure, but I love this movie. If you have ever read The Odyssey, and have not yet seen this movie, you owe it to yourself. The music in this film is outstanding, and brings back a lot of memories from growing up, and puts me way back before my time where I have always longed to "visit". The humor in this film is excellent, and sustains many inside jokes with me and my family. Damn. We're in a tight spot.







Forrest Gump. This one hits home with me because of the music soundtrack. The implication of events and historic writings caused by Gump are also mind boggling. For example, how John Lennon's 'Imagine' was started. I love this movie. It provides all kinds of rain... A little bit of stinging rain... And big 'ol FAT rain....






Slingblade. This movie brings a tear to my eye every time I watch it. Despite the name of the movie, you never see a drop of blood in this film, and the violence is light and rare. Very well written story, kind of slow at times, but worth a watch. I like my biscuits with mustard, Mmm HHmmmm






Finally, Say Anything. Despite what you read on yesterday's blog about 'High Fidelity', Say Anything is actually my favorite Cusak movie. As a matter of fact, there is not a single John Cusak film I dislike. Say Anything is a story that kind of (more or less) mocks my life and luck with the romance thing. "A Lloyd meets girl story" is how it is dubbed, and it shadows me to a tee in some areas of my life. Excellent movie, where the wonderful tune "In Your Eyes" is made popular.




I hope you enjoyed these picks. Tomorrow I will attempt the impossible. I will TRY to narrow down my top five favorite songs of all time. I have no idea how that's going to work.

WE SHALL SEE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home