Monday, April 17, 2006

Why Not Donate?

OK, so I was having trouble going to sleep last night, being wired with too much sleep that day and Diet Coke, so I turn on the television. On one of the channels was 'Extra', a magazine show that is on practically every station in one form or another. Last night's topic was Millionaires. WAIT! Maybe it was a VH1 'Fabulous Life Of....' show. WAIT! Maybe it was E!.... Who cares... It's all the same to me.

I have the knowledge now of the following things:





- Mariah Carey spends SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS A DAY, yes, a DAY, paying somebody to do her hair and make up. Maybe it's only five days a week? When she appears in public? Take a look at the above pic. That's gross looking! I've seen better make up on Harry Hines. I would gladly do that shit for, I dunno, 500 bucks a day? Gimmie a f'n break. Have you nothing better to do with your money, among Lord only knows what else you do with it? Why not donate more than you already do? My recommendation: Mary Kay Foundation






- Oprah Winfrey, as much as I respect the woman, has TWELVE houses. I believe the smaller one is a mere 5600 sq feet. Damn, what a shack that must be. Poor woman. She went to a couture show in Paris and spent $500,000 at Valentino and Chanel. Why not donate more than you already do? My suggestion: The Homeless






- Brittany Spears. What a racket I can go on about this hag. But for now, I'll stick to the topic. She went to a lingerie store when her and that douchebag got married and spent $18,000. Good Lord people. Was that really necessary? Personally, despite her personality, and as long as she doesn't speak, I thought she was pretty hot to begin with. Why spend all that money and something you'll probably only use once, probably only wear for five minutes (it wouldn't last five seconds in my presence) and then throw away? Why not donate more than you already do? My suggestion: Unplanned Pregnancy






- Jay Z. That is the ever so original name of a rap artist. He is or was dating that gorgeous Beyonce Knowles. I guess he knew he had a prize, because for her 23rd birthday, he spent $500,000 on a party. Yep. A party. Oh, but it came with mermaids and a giant ice sculpture that read "Beautiful B". Wow. Why not donate more than you already do? My suggestion: National Institute for the Insecure. No such thing? Make it happen.

What about when Julio Iglesias' kid Enrique proposed to his tennis girl? $5.4 Million dollar ring. Hmmm... She must not love him that much. John Travolta flys his good buddies to some remote island for his birthday. All 250 of them. I wont even get started on Donald Trump.


My point is this: I am proud of all of our millionaires and billionaires for accomplishing the American dream. I know we'd all love to have that kind of money, I know I would! But, what if? What if I won the lottery? What if my band goes Quadruple Platinum? What in the world would I do with my money? Easy: Take the sum amount I make or made in one year. It's divided evenly between me, Mom, Dad, Grandparents, close friends, and a few others I'm sure. My take of the pie will by a large piece of land with a rather subtle house to live in. I wont build a warehouse to store my 13 million cars and motorcycles I buy. I wont travel all over the world and buy houses every where my plane stops. The money these celebrities spend on the most ridiculous shit makes me want to vomit. In the meantime, most of my readers work very hard and still struggle to get to the next paycheck, or paying client. They are not better than us, we are not better than them (notice the stereotype? Sorry 'bout that. Just referring to the overspending impulsive celebrities). What about those people that have accomplished their money by working hard their whole lives, or utilized their talents and brains to accomplish the same thing? Bill Gates who makes this entire experience possible. Mark Cuban who spends his money on his players to give them a better experience. George W. Bush who (pre-president) did the same thing with his Texas Rangers. I can go on forever......

God bless the people of America, those that are homeless, all the way to the people who wipe their asses with hundred dollar bills. Just find a better way to spend your money, and don't flaunt it in our faces!

::sigh:: OK, I'm done bitching!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home