Sunday, August 28, 2005

Hurricane Hell

So we've all seen a hurricane or two that we consider to be devastating and/or destructive. I, personally, have been alive enough to see some awful hurricanes. Folks, Hurricane Katrina might just turn out to be the topper of all natural disasters I have seen in my lifetime. As I write this, it is about 5 hours from nailing New Orleans. News reports claim that this hurricane is greater than 450 miles in width, and absolutely no wooden structure in New Orleans will be able to withstand this hurricane. Even skyscrapers in downtown are said to have the potential to topple onto themselves. It is also said that New Orleans can be more than 30 feet under water.

This is insane. If New Orleans is 30 feet under water, that is what I call a new coastline. This is awful, it is scary, and devastating is quite the understatement.
What I would like to ask anyone viewing this post on my blog, is that you include every last person affected by this disaster to be in your prayers. Even if you don't believe in our Good Lord, please believe long enough to pray for these people. Several have already died just trying to avoid death and destruction. We, in the 'mainland' have little to fear as we are nowhere close to the coast. Storms kill people everyday. The Tsunami a few months ago was just as awful. Please people. Lets do our part in helping. A simple prayer and a donation when the time comes will go a LONG way. God bless these people. God bless the people who have family members down there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home