Rookies Prevail!

I predicted the Tampa Bay Minnesota score to be 24-20. I was accurate on Tampa Bay's score, and only one touchdown away from Minnesota's score. Not Bad!! Anyway... I also predicted that the Bucs' season would turn out 10-6. After watching Sunday's game, I would REALLY like to retract that prediction, and replace it with another
12-4 season. I know it's too early to be cocky, but I am VERY impressed with our two new rookies on offense: Carnell 'Cadillac' Williams and Alex Smith.
Cadillac Williams rushed for 148 yards and one touchdown in his first NFL game. Alex Smith, in his first NFL game, made two of his first three catches touchdowns. Flip side: on defense, we held the Vikings to 26 total yards on the ground, which was part of the 248 total yards allowed. Three interceptions and two sacks, 13 points allowed... I also am willing to bet the Bucs will be in the top three defenses this season (as they have been in the top five defenses every year for the past 6).

STILL we have at least one more hurdle to jump: If we ever get to the game where we run a kick off back for a touchdown, I hope it's at the very end of the game because after I soil my shorts, I'm gonna pass out. We finally got to a Super Bowl, and WON it by a GOOD margin, yet, we can't run a stinking kick off back for a TD???? ::sigh::
It's always something isn't it?
Bottom line: For the first time in MANY years, I am happy and impressed with this year's rookies. In fact, I used to sweat games as they were coming up, much like yesterday's. No more. If my boys play like that AT LEAST that way every week, I wont sweat another game. I am excited to see what will happen the rest of the year. Next game: At Home against Buffalo. Look for that analysis soon!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home