Week One

For those unaware, I am a Tampa Bay Bucs fan. Always have been, always will be. Every week, I will post game day predictions here, for all Tampa games. Here is my write up for week one:
Minnesota and Tampa have a history that stretches back to the Bucs' first season in the NFC Central in 1977 (their second year as an NFL team). Since then, The Vikings have dominated the series 31-18. More recently, the Bucs have beaten the Vikings more often than not. The last time we met the Vikings was in 2002, the same year we won the Super Bowl, and we clobbered them. HOWEVER, NOT the same Bucs team! Since then we have been stripped of key players on both offense and defense. John Lynch is very missed. Warren Sapp is missed, however, his attitude and mouth can stay in California. On offense, a quarterback is still missed (take your pick, we've had none to brag about since Doug Williams). Anyway, to my point: This year we have a brand new team, just about. Minnesota has been doing some rebuilding as well. WR Nate Burleson has stepped in and up to take the spot of Randy Moss. Brian Greise better watch his back to make sure Kevin Williams isn't on it. Jimmy Kleinsasser is back again, so that's sure to give Ronde Barber a work out down field, or our corners a hard time on the line. Speaking of corners, Antoine Winfield is starting his second season with the Vikes, and he is BAD ASS people. 3 interceptions and 99 tackles last year. Many other key players are with the Vikings now or again, so my Bucs are going to be worked out!
NOW, for my boys. WATCH OUT VIKINGS. We still have Derrick Brooks. We still have Simeon Rice. We still have Ronde Barber. On offense, Brian Greise showed a tad bit more promise in the preseason. Joey Galloway is ready and anxious, just the same as Michael Clayton. Expect Ike Hilliard to be a third receiver. Cadillac Williams and Michael Pittman in the backfield ready to roll. And who else?? MIKE ALSTOTT!!
Bottom line: 'We Aint Skerred'.
The last line I looked at favored the Bucs by seven. While I am flattered (as I'm sure the Bucs are too), and while I would LOVE to see that happen, I don't see beating Minnesota in their house by seven in the season opener. It'll be tough to beat then anyway in their casa. I think the Bucs will do good this year. I call them 10 -6. As far as this week.....
Tampa Bay 24, Minnesota 20
Check back every Tuesday as I will write about the NFL Football game of the week (in my opinion), and every Saturday as I write about the upcoming Bucs games.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home