That's The Ticket
That’s the Ticket. This is to bring, all who is unfortunate enough to not listen to the Ticket, up to speed. If you really wanted to, you can listen from anywhere in the world, just by clicking on the link to the right of this story that says “Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket.”
I am going to write only about the Monday thru Friday guys. I have nothing at all against the weekend guys, but my schedule makes it hard for me to listen.
We start off with the Dunham and Miller Show, aka The Musers, aka Jub Jub and Junior. This show is from 5:30am until 10:00am. I usually start listening about 7:30 when I start to get ready for work. I was a courier up until 2 weeks ago, so I listened all damn day long. It was great (and I’m not even a salesman or a shut in!). These guys know how to crack me up. Also on the show is Gordon Keith, who does a lot of the impersonations and funny bits during the show. Every morning, Gordo’s Corner comes on, and you hear things like local entertainment and news, or sometimes national… whatever the hot topic is, it will be discussed.
You will hear segments such as “Emergency Brake of the Week”, where the guys will go over the top five vocal flubs heard on the Ticket in the previous week and vote on a winner. Also heard can be interviews with the fake Tiger Woods, and several other fake celebs, segments like “The Girl on TV Who is So Good Looking We Need To Watch Out For Her Because She’s So Good Looking”, and tons more of laughs available to you every Monday thru Friday morning from 5:30am to 10:00am. Sports News updates are brought to you via the Ticket Ticker with Rich Phillips (aka Dick Hicks)
Right after The Musers is radio veteran Norm Hitzges. Norm is on from 10am to Noon with producer Mark Friedman (aka Friedo). This is the most sports crammed into 2 hours you will find anywhere. Norm is full of opinions and sports facts and figures and info you have long forgotten about, and when he messes up (which is rare) or when his opinions seem a little wheels off, Friedo is there to call him out or straighten him up. It’s really quite funny; it kind of reminds me of….. Hmmm…. well, Sonny and Cher. On the Norm Hitzges show, you will hear segments such as “Picks of the Pole” on Friday mornings when Norm calls out his football picks of the week, both for NCAA and NFL.
Norm also interviews Rangers’ manager Buck Showalter every week (also on Friday). The best interviews are typically heard here on The Norm Hitzges show as well. Interviews such as Jerry Jones, Tom Hicks, Dave Tippet, Mark Cuban, Don Nelson…. Tons of athletes and coaches and all kinds of sports figures from around the nation. You never know what’s going to happen on the Norm Hitzges show, and that’s the best part. Also, almost everything out of Norm’s mouth has potential to be gold. Just listen between 2:45pm and 3:15pm to see what I mean. Ticket Tickers by Jimmy “The Saint” Christopher. I recommend listening to Norm daily. It’s like your daily dose of sports vitamins.
Next up on The Ticket is BaD Radio (except for Mondays and Fridays during football season when Dale Hansen hijacks the show for an hour). BaD does not mean horrible. It is the acronym for the 2 personalities involved with the show. BOB AND DAN. That’s right.. Bob Sturm and Dan McDowell are the 2 guys who host the show when I was first introduced to the Ticket. It was 1999 (cue the piano Grubes), I was walking to the garage (that my roommate and I converted to a bar) to see what my roommate was up to. Said roommate is Jeff Markham, the one responsible for making me a Tickethead. He was there listening to the radio, and I walked in and heard Sturm discussing the Packers. It was real easy to figure out who he liked in football. Back then, MY Bucs were in his division, so naturally I listened. I found myself listening until 10:30 that night!! No work for Beaker that day. Anyway, I have been a P1 ever since. (Shamefully, I never listened before 1999). Bob and Dan are chock full of entertainment.
Producer Tom Gribble (aka Gribbs) and board operator Michael Gruber (aka Grubes...very funny, I renamed him Sir Daddy Drop A Lot) accent the show. This is the first half of the greatest part of the day. You can read about the second half next. You can hear things like Homer call of the week, Gay Not Gay when the guys will answer and de-ignoritize P1’s as to what is gay or not gay, Sports Norts (sorry if I butchered that one Bob, I cant type Wisconsinese), and tons of other funny bits. The best comes somewhere between 2:45 and 2:55 when “Why today doesn’t suck” when they cross talk with the Hardline. No offense to Bob, Dan, Mike or Greg, but Grubes is what makes that segment hilarious! For those unaware, or ignorant of the segment, do yourself a favor and go listen during this segment, find out who’s birthday it is, find out what happened on this day in history, and listen to the funny crap Grubes does throughout the whole bit. “Hey Greggo?” “I Luv Ya”
That brings us to the Hardline. Hardline is on from 3pm to 7pm, and it consists of Mike Rhyner and Gregg Williams. The show starts around 3:20 after commercial break, according to the tower of the friendly Mercantile. This show is joined by Corby “The Cobra” Davidson, Danny Paul (who is funny as hell) and Justin Neely, board operator (also very funny). Grubes fills in for Justin one day a week.
All throughout this show, you will hear the incredible sports knowledge of Mike Rhyner and Gregg Williams. Corby will do entertainment news, usually at 4:10. Justin will beat everyone down in the meantime with Norm drops or robotic Greggo (which is hilarious)! Community Quick Hits can be heard every night, and Concert Calendar every Friday. Ladies and Gentleman, this is a great show to listen to on a daily basis. Everything is covered from Baseball, to football and hockey, and every other sport played. Whatever time of year you listen, obviously determines that factor. Anyway, I hear a lot of people complain that The Ticket has gotten away from talking about sports. Those are exactly the people who DON’T listen. I have always had something to call in to the Ticket for them to talk about, be it NCAA, NFL, NHL, MLB, WHATEVER, and before I can get to the phone… it’s being talked about. Hardline is why I am a P1. Ticket Tickers brought to you by Kevin Scott, one of the many reasons why I don’t have to listen to anything else whatsoever, because everything I need to know that day, I can learn from 3pm to 7pm.
From 7pm until 8pm is my saving grace at times. On those days I can’t listen all day, I rely on this hour because it is the daily top ten. We hear the ten best segments from the day, including some from the previous evening on the segment in which I will talk about right now:
Big Dick Hunter’s P1 Wild Ass Circus. This show is on from 8pm until 11pm. On this show, you will find 3 lucky P1 guest hosts (of which I was recently invited to do , but had to RELUCTANTLY turn it down due to a band scheduling conflict… still disgruntled), and TONS of bad ass interviews and guests. Recently, Rob Schneider was on. So was Penn from Penn and Teller. Throughout my duration I have heard Richard Lewis (also very recent), Hugh Hefner, Ron Jeremy, Jose Canseco, The Great Tommy Chong, Pauly Shore, BB King… damn, the list can go forever. Folks, I have never known of anyone to have the contact and hook ups Big Dick has. I am very envious of that… call it a man crush.
Big Dick also likes to go on Road trips with the show. Places such as the X Games, Lake Tahoe and the Playboy mansion to name a few. You can hear things on the show such as The P1 Invasion, P1’s Gone Wild, and occasionally I get my political fix from the Circus, as Big Dick will delve into that a little every now and again. This is a great show to listen to, from where I live it has to be done from the FM side (104.1) due to lack of good reception after 7pm (and why that is, I will never know). I love to listen to this show, because, like I said about the Hardline, It is a total rounded and complete fix: Sports, entertainment, politics, and just general tomfoolery. Excellent radio station, excellent show Big Dick.
Honorable Mention: "Stick It Up Your Tailpipe" Traffic is reported by the lovely Barb Smith every morning during the Dunham and MIller show and ever afternoon during the Hardline. Way to go Barb.. you're awesome (and yummy). :)
Folks, I can go on forever about why I love this station. Just do yourself a favor and check it out one day. I know you will love it!
I am going to write only about the Monday thru Friday guys. I have nothing at all against the weekend guys, but my schedule makes it hard for me to listen.
We start off with the Dunham and Miller Show, aka The Musers, aka Jub Jub and Junior. This show is from 5:30am until 10:00am. I usually start listening about 7:30 when I start to get ready for work. I was a courier up until 2 weeks ago, so I listened all damn day long. It was great (and I’m not even a salesman or a shut in!). These guys know how to crack me up. Also on the show is Gordon Keith, who does a lot of the impersonations and funny bits during the show. Every morning, Gordo’s Corner comes on, and you hear things like local entertainment and news, or sometimes national… whatever the hot topic is, it will be discussed.
You will hear segments such as “Emergency Brake of the Week”, where the guys will go over the top five vocal flubs heard on the Ticket in the previous week and vote on a winner. Also heard can be interviews with the fake Tiger Woods, and several other fake celebs, segments like “The Girl on TV Who is So Good Looking We Need To Watch Out For Her Because She’s So Good Looking”, and tons more of laughs available to you every Monday thru Friday morning from 5:30am to 10:00am. Sports News updates are brought to you via the Ticket Ticker with Rich Phillips (aka Dick Hicks)Right after The Musers is radio veteran Norm Hitzges. Norm is on from 10am to Noon with producer Mark Friedman (aka Friedo). This is the most sports crammed into 2 hours you will find anywhere. Norm is full of opinions and sports facts and figures and info you have long forgotten about, and when he messes up (which is rare) or when his opinions seem a little wheels off, Friedo is there to call him out or straighten him up. It’s really quite funny; it kind of reminds me of….. Hmmm…. well, Sonny and Cher. On the Norm Hitzges show, you will hear segments such as “Picks of the Pole” on Friday mornings when Norm calls out his football picks of the week, both for NCAA and NFL.
Norm also interviews Rangers’ manager Buck Showalter every week (also on Friday). The best interviews are typically heard here on The Norm Hitzges show as well. Interviews such as Jerry Jones, Tom Hicks, Dave Tippet, Mark Cuban, Don Nelson…. Tons of athletes and coaches and all kinds of sports figures from around the nation. You never know what’s going to happen on the Norm Hitzges show, and that’s the best part. Also, almost everything out of Norm’s mouth has potential to be gold. Just listen between 2:45pm and 3:15pm to see what I mean. Ticket Tickers by Jimmy “The Saint” Christopher. I recommend listening to Norm daily. It’s like your daily dose of sports vitamins.Next up on The Ticket is BaD Radio (except for Mondays and Fridays during football season when Dale Hansen hijacks the show for an hour). BaD does not mean horrible. It is the acronym for the 2 personalities involved with the show. BOB AND DAN. That’s right.. Bob Sturm and Dan McDowell are the 2 guys who host the show when I was first introduced to the Ticket. It was 1999 (cue the piano Grubes), I was walking to the garage (that my roommate and I converted to a bar) to see what my roommate was up to. Said roommate is Jeff Markham, the one responsible for making me a Tickethead. He was there listening to the radio, and I walked in and heard Sturm discussing the Packers. It was real easy to figure out who he liked in football. Back then, MY Bucs were in his division, so naturally I listened. I found myself listening until 10:30 that night!! No work for Beaker that day. Anyway, I have been a P1 ever since. (Shamefully, I never listened before 1999). Bob and Dan are chock full of entertainment.
Producer Tom Gribble (aka Gribbs) and board operator Michael Gruber (aka Grubes...very funny, I renamed him Sir Daddy Drop A Lot) accent the show. This is the first half of the greatest part of the day. You can read about the second half next. You can hear things like Homer call of the week, Gay Not Gay when the guys will answer and de-ignoritize P1’s as to what is gay or not gay, Sports Norts (sorry if I butchered that one Bob, I cant type Wisconsinese), and tons of other funny bits. The best comes somewhere between 2:45 and 2:55 when “Why today doesn’t suck” when they cross talk with the Hardline. No offense to Bob, Dan, Mike or Greg, but Grubes is what makes that segment hilarious! For those unaware, or ignorant of the segment, do yourself a favor and go listen during this segment, find out who’s birthday it is, find out what happened on this day in history, and listen to the funny crap Grubes does throughout the whole bit. “Hey Greggo?” “I Luv Ya”That brings us to the Hardline. Hardline is on from 3pm to 7pm, and it consists of Mike Rhyner and Gregg Williams. The show starts around 3:20 after commercial break, according to the tower of the friendly Mercantile. This show is joined by Corby “The Cobra” Davidson, Danny Paul (who is funny as hell) and Justin Neely, board operator (also very funny). Grubes fills in for Justin one day a week.
All throughout this show, you will hear the incredible sports knowledge of Mike Rhyner and Gregg Williams. Corby will do entertainment news, usually at 4:10. Justin will beat everyone down in the meantime with Norm drops or robotic Greggo (which is hilarious)! Community Quick Hits can be heard every night, and Concert Calendar every Friday. Ladies and Gentleman, this is a great show to listen to on a daily basis. Everything is covered from Baseball, to football and hockey, and every other sport played. Whatever time of year you listen, obviously determines that factor. Anyway, I hear a lot of people complain that The Ticket has gotten away from talking about sports. Those are exactly the people who DON’T listen. I have always had something to call in to the Ticket for them to talk about, be it NCAA, NFL, NHL, MLB, WHATEVER, and before I can get to the phone… it’s being talked about. Hardline is why I am a P1. Ticket Tickers brought to you by Kevin Scott, one of the many reasons why I don’t have to listen to anything else whatsoever, because everything I need to know that day, I can learn from 3pm to 7pm.From 7pm until 8pm is my saving grace at times. On those days I can’t listen all day, I rely on this hour because it is the daily top ten. We hear the ten best segments from the day, including some from the previous evening on the segment in which I will talk about right now:
Big Dick Hunter’s P1 Wild Ass Circus. This show is on from 8pm until 11pm. On this show, you will find 3 lucky P1 guest hosts (of which I was recently invited to do , but had to RELUCTANTLY turn it down due to a band scheduling conflict… still disgruntled), and TONS of bad ass interviews and guests. Recently, Rob Schneider was on. So was Penn from Penn and Teller. Throughout my duration I have heard Richard Lewis (also very recent), Hugh Hefner, Ron Jeremy, Jose Canseco, The Great Tommy Chong, Pauly Shore, BB King… damn, the list can go forever. Folks, I have never known of anyone to have the contact and hook ups Big Dick has. I am very envious of that… call it a man crush.
Big Dick also likes to go on Road trips with the show. Places such as the X Games, Lake Tahoe and the Playboy mansion to name a few. You can hear things on the show such as The P1 Invasion, P1’s Gone Wild, and occasionally I get my political fix from the Circus, as Big Dick will delve into that a little every now and again. This is a great show to listen to, from where I live it has to be done from the FM side (104.1) due to lack of good reception after 7pm (and why that is, I will never know). I love to listen to this show, because, like I said about the Hardline, It is a total rounded and complete fix: Sports, entertainment, politics, and just general tomfoolery. Excellent radio station, excellent show Big Dick.Honorable Mention: "Stick It Up Your Tailpipe" Traffic is reported by the lovely Barb Smith every morning during the Dunham and MIller show and ever afternoon during the Hardline. Way to go Barb.. you're awesome (and yummy). :)
Folks, I can go on forever about why I love this station. Just do yourself a favor and check it out one day. I know you will love it!

1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home