Sunday, September 25, 2005

College Week

Another fantastic weekend of college football has past. I saw snippets of a lot of games this weekend. Virginia Tech beating Georgia Tech 51-7...Hell, did the Bulldogs even show up yesterday? Florida beating Kentucky 49-28. It started off to be an all Florida game it seemed, but it finally got interesting, very briefly. Notre Dame beats Washington 36-17. I feel bad for Tyrone Willingham. Discussion for later. Ohio State beats Iowa 31-6. Purdue lost to Minnesota in double overtime 42-35. Lots of good schtick to talk about (like North Texas scoring a combined total of 9 points in the last 2 games. That stat was almost 2 points in the last two games). I want to focus on 2 games today.:
Texas Tech berating Indiana State 63-7. OK folks... Is this Red Raider team really THAT good? 63 points yesterday, 80-21 win last week over Sam Houston, 56-3 over FIU... I mean, COME ON. What about the teams they have played SO FAR? I will not take away the talent this Red Raider team has, but give me a f'n break already. What would the scores be like if they were to play Florida or Virginia Tech? Are the scores going to be that ridiculous when they play Texas? Texas A&M? Kansas State? I suppose we shall see. How are these schedules made anyway?
Second game I want to discuss is TCU beating BYU in overtime, 51-50. I actually watched most of this game, and it was GOOD. I love football games that seem to be evenly matched, and exciting because of that. Granted, I know TCU was behind 18 points at halftime, but if you watched the game, you know what I mean. Cory Rodgers of TCU returned a kick off 100 yards for a TD. That was one of four touchdowns he scored yesterday. BYU racked up 614 yards and QB John Beck (Jo. Beck for you jersey watchers) threw for five touchdowns. This was a great game, and my pick for college game of the week.
Now it's NFL time! Bucs start playing in Lambeau in about an hour. I have tailgating to set up, beer to drink, etc. See you tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home