Disgruntled
Yes I am damnit. When anyone gets used to something, that has been in place for their whole life and THEN some, change is usually not welcome. While I appreciate the reason for change in this case, it still just aint right. What in the hell am I talking about??? My old school, my college of choice in which I attended for a SHORT amount of time, my love and fondest of memories... the school formally known as SOUTHWEST TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY.
Texas State University played Texas A&M last night. My Bobcats have never been known to be a strong football team, but so far this year, and especially last night despite a loss, they sure look strong to me! A&M handed us a loss, but it did NOT come easy. Jason Carter and Chad Schroeder. What a couple of studs! Aggies or not, I recognize good players when I see them. Carter had eight catches for 219 yards and a touchdown. Schroeder has made it into the end zone every time he's ended up with the ball this year so far. He nailed a rushing and receiving touchdown last night.

Bobcats quarterback Barrick Nealy (who went to the University Of Houston formally) connected 26 of 34 tosses, for 378 yards and three touchdowns. When I went to school there in 1994-1996, the entire time I was there I don't believe we threw for that much! Markee White became the Bobcats' first 100-yard receiver in two years. But most impressive to me was the Bobcats defense. I know we gave up a crap load of points, but like I mentioned... You have to know this Bobcats team. You have to know A&M's offense. If you took the Bobcat's defense from the previous three seasons, put all of those best on the field, and played A&M this year, the score would more than likely have been in the neighborhood of..... 98 - 14. Don't get me wrong, I love my old school. I am just proud that they are finally coming into their own, and they are able to put up such a struggle for a fantastic Texas football team.
Back to the point: Aggie receivers... Are they cursed? Two lost in August, one lost last night in the second quarter..... Watch out guys. One more point for Schroeder again. He pulled off another fake field goal attempt last night for a touchdown, that I forgot (maybe on purpose) to mention earlier. Courtney Lewis also had a 100 yard game on the ground. Good game Aggs.
For a rushed game that came 2 days early because of Rita, I am impressed with my 2-1 Bobcats. I hope next week they prevail another 'W' against South Dakota State.
Texas State University played Texas A&M last night. My Bobcats have never been known to be a strong football team, but so far this year, and especially last night despite a loss, they sure look strong to me! A&M handed us a loss, but it did NOT come easy. Jason Carter and Chad Schroeder. What a couple of studs! Aggies or not, I recognize good players when I see them. Carter had eight catches for 219 yards and a touchdown. Schroeder has made it into the end zone every time he's ended up with the ball this year so far. He nailed a rushing and receiving touchdown last night.

Bobcats quarterback Barrick Nealy (who went to the University Of Houston formally) connected 26 of 34 tosses, for 378 yards and three touchdowns. When I went to school there in 1994-1996, the entire time I was there I don't believe we threw for that much! Markee White became the Bobcats' first 100-yard receiver in two years. But most impressive to me was the Bobcats defense. I know we gave up a crap load of points, but like I mentioned... You have to know this Bobcats team. You have to know A&M's offense. If you took the Bobcat's defense from the previous three seasons, put all of those best on the field, and played A&M this year, the score would more than likely have been in the neighborhood of..... 98 - 14. Don't get me wrong, I love my old school. I am just proud that they are finally coming into their own, and they are able to put up such a struggle for a fantastic Texas football team.
Back to the point: Aggie receivers... Are they cursed? Two lost in August, one lost last night in the second quarter..... Watch out guys. One more point for Schroeder again. He pulled off another fake field goal attempt last night for a touchdown, that I forgot (maybe on purpose) to mention earlier. Courtney Lewis also had a 100 yard game on the ground. Good game Aggs.
For a rushed game that came 2 days early because of Rita, I am impressed with my 2-1 Bobcats. I hope next week they prevail another 'W' against South Dakota State.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home