Week Three

Tampa goes to Green Bay. This is nothing new. It happens nearly every year. On one side, people will say that Tampa doesn't stand a chance because they are going to Lambeau. Green Bay is coming off of a 0-2 start, and they are not about to let another loss happen to them. Others will say that Tampa is on a high right now, Cadillac is leading the league in rushing yards, The offense is better than it has been in years, so no way they will lose. Me? I say good luck to both teams, as I sit back and watch what is either going to be a slow paced defense game, or a high paced offensive attack on both sides of the ball.
The all time series is led by Green Bay: 29-18-1. The last time we met Green Bay was in November of 2003 in Tampa, where we lost to the Pacs 20-13. This year will be interesting. Both teams have been virtually rebuilt since the last meeting, and now the tables seem to be turned. Where The Bucs had a horrible offense last game, they now have a good offense (at least decent and better than it has been in awhile). The Packers had a dynamic offense which appears to be struggling lately. Green Bay's defense gave up 26 points last week, but answered back with 24 of their own. In week one, however, they gave up 17 points to Detroit, and was unable to score a touchdown, both offensively and defensively. Tampa's defense has given up a total of 16 points in both games, and has scored 43 points. For anyone who is familiar with Tampa Bay and their history, you know that in itself is unusual!
The Packers I want to keep my eye on this week are as follows: Donald Driver, WR. He is quick, VERY quick off the line of scrimmage, he runs patterns like he and Favre are the only ones on the field, and for his career, he has an average of more than 14 yards per play. Ronde Barber and Brian Kelly have their work cut out for them! Tackle Mark Tauscher has rarely let a defender get past him and through to Favre. He is also a very talented run blocker, helping all of the backs get through and get far. DT Grady Jackson has proven ability to break through the line and stop backs right in their track. He has huge amounts of strength and agility, it will be hard for our O-Line to stop him all the time. Rookie Nick Collins seems to be an impressive Safety. I haven't seem him produce much so far this year, but I know he's got good stats in college. I am interested to see how he and Alex Smith will get along! Finally, CB Joey Thomas. No offense Packers fans, I think he's a spare. But he's a quick spare. I know he wants that football, but I don't know if he'll be able to keep up with the Bucs' receiver corps. We shall see.

Last week Carnell Williams rushed for another 100 yard plus game. 128 to be exact, therefore putting him at the top of the league in rushing yards at 276 total yards on the ground. Greise likes his receivers this year. Beaker likes the receivers this year too! Clayton and Smith have great hands, and Hilliard has the ability to take the ball even further after the catch. Defense: The Packers better watch out! Shelton Quarles is QB hungry. So is Simeon Rice. So is Derrick Brooks. I call three sacks this game. Also, Barber and Kelly both went without an interception last week, which is a total bummer, but nonetheless... That makes them all the more ball hungry.
This is going to be an exciting game I think. Here's my prediction:
Tampa Bay: 31
Green Bay: 20
Carnell Williams: 138 yards

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home